Fall applications for GWS faculty affiliation are due November 15. Spring applications for GWS faculty affiliation and for renewal of GWS faculty affiliation are due April 15.
Faculty who wish to renew or become members of the GWS Faculty must send their curriculum vitae (updated every five years), along with a cover letter that explains how the CV demonstrates that the faculty member possesses the following qualifications for initial appointment (as evidenced on the CV):
- activity in feminist, gender, and/or sexuality studies scholarship through peer reviewed publishing (including dissertations), presentation of papers at peer-reviewed conferences, and/or activity in critiqued performance arts and juried exhibitions;
- and at least one of the following:
- significant teaching experience teaching courses with Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies content,
- significant participation in disciplinary-specific and/or interdisciplinary feminist, gender, and/or sexuality studies professional organizations or caucuses, including publication in local and regional periodicals,
- a graduate degree in Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies, significant graduate coursework in Gender, Women's, and Sexuality Studies or a related field,
- participation in seminars and institutes designed to promote feminist, gender, and/or sexuality studies scholarship and/or pedagogy or feminist, gender, and/or sexuality studies contribution to community service, volunteer work with local organizations, workshop planning and implementation.
In almost all cases, GWS courses are taught by members of the GWS faculty. However, in exceptional cases individuals (such as visiting instructors and adjuncts) who meet the criteria for GWS faculty status can be approved by the GWS Director to offer a GWS course(s) for a maximum of one academic year. Subsequently, in order to continue teaching courses that count for the GWS major, minor, and/or graduate certificate, these individuals must apply formally for GWS faculty status and, if approved, their courses would be eligible for consideration for GWS credit.
In order to maintain active Gender, Women's and Sexuality Studies faculty status, every five years (in the year of post-tenure review) faculty should send an updated CV and cover letter addressing the above points.
We encourage interested faculty to apply to join our community of active scholars. Please send applications for appointment and renewal to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline specified above. Applications are reviewed.